Black bean dip complete ready for the Colts game. The recipe I used follows and the only thing I changed was to add 2 cloves of garlic, pulsed in the food processor with onion and tomato and substituting Siracha for hot sauce.
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
Place the tomato, onion and cilantro into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well chopped. Add the black beans, cumin, hot sauce and salt, to taste, and pulse until the mixture is mostly smooth. Scrape into a decorative bowl and garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve with tortilla chips.